1. To educate and assist young people on environment and sustainable development issues by providing opportunities for young people to join with other young people to develop action on these issues both in Australia and internationally;
2. To organise, facilitate and support international exchange and training programs for young people on environment and sustainable development issues
3. To organise and support young people's initiatives in areas including fair trade and ethical business, local and international volunteering, promotion of international nd intercultural solidarity, interfaith and multifaith dialogue and cooperation
4. To raise awareness and consciousness among the broader community of young people's involvement in environment and sustainable development issues;
5. To provide training, technical assistance, financial support and other resources and support required to achieve these purposes.
(Young People for Development Australia Inc. Rule §2)